Monday, March 19, 2012

We are not promised tomorrow!!!

As I look back on my childhood I have come to realize that family pictures were not a big deal to my parents. The one family portrait we had made I was around 12 years old. We did not have family pictures made again until this past Thanksgiving. I packed up all of the equipment needed for a photo session and I traveled home for the holiday. We actually had our second family portrait made, 35 years later. My dad is now 84 years old and his health is not good. We are never promised to have our loved one here even tomorrow and how important would that picture be after our loved one is gone. I would say, “very”. I don’t know how long my dad will continue to be with us but I do know I will treasure the pictures and the memories from that session.

No one is promised tomorrow. There is no certain age that says that our time is up. Only the Lord knows the time and date when we or our loved ones will leave this earth. But isn’t it important to have those special moments captured in an image so that the people we love can treasure it.

I want to share a picture from the family photo session. This is my Dad and I:








15 comments:

  1. So important to have portraits done. We just had ours done a few weeks ago because I couldn't bare to let my husband deploy again without photos of the four of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truer words were never spoken! You'll treasure those new photos always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very right! Lovely portrait of you and your dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, I love that shot! What a great photo to have & treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true. You will treasure those photos. Very nice to have that with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw....he is so sweet! Glad you still have him. Cherish the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this photo is just priceless!! Your dad has a great smile...you can tell in his eyes that it's genuine! Such a great message too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the new template and what a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true and is why I treasure all the photos of my family. You just never know. And beautiful portrait of you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new template

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute photo - and such a good message. I treasure the last photo of my brother, but of course at the time I didn't know it'd be the last.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post has me in tears. Absolutely true. Wonderful photo of you and your dad, too!

    ReplyDelete